What Are Therapeutic Life Style Changes and What Are their Benefits? What Natural Health Care can do for you?
Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes include a range of positive, beneficial activities, dietary changes and other lifestyle changes that promote mental and emotional health. Many of these are well-known, but offer benefits beyond those that are generally recognized. Some of these include:
- Regular exercise not only helps reduce anxiety and depression, but also improves cognitive functions in children, adults and the elderly.
- Healthy diets that include plenty of fish, vegetables and fruit help children improve their performance in school, help adults retain cognitive ability and even reduce the symptoms of mental disorders such as schizophrenia and affective disorders.
- Natural Supplements to maintain one’s level of health. Natural health products can support where one is most weak in the body, to treat the underlying causes of the weakness or simply prevent the symptoms
- Altruism, or the desire to help others, can have a number of positive effects. It produces a “helper’s high” and gives one a sense of inner joy. It may even extend your lifespan. Dr. Walsh cautions, though, that too much giving, such as that experienced by those that must be primary caregivers to demented family members can result in “caretaker burnout.”
- Meditation has been recommended by psychologists and other health professionals for decades. However, aside from improving emotional stability, reducing stress and other positive psychological benefits, meditation can improve cognitive function and even increase the size of the brain.
All these things can be achieved by the individual while naturopathy can fix the more deep seated issues that may have established over a long time. Your naturopath can guide you with which natural health products are specific for your individual issues.