The six stages or phases to the body’s ability to cope with toxins and resolving toxicity with alternative medicine
According to homotoxicology theory, there are six stages or phases to the body’s ability to cope with toxins. These are represented in the Six-Phase Table:
- Excretion: In this phase, the body is able to adequately cope with and excrete toxins. A runny nose and diarrhea are examples of the excretion phase.
- Inflammation: A fever is an example of the inflammation phase of toxicity. A fever is the body’s natural attempt to neutralize toxins that it cannot adequately remove by excretion. This is an indication that the immune system has become over reactional and ‘allergenic’ in its nature.
- Deposition: If the toxins still cannot be removed, the body stores them. This phase is usually asymptomatic. However, when the proper treatment is administered, one of the first signs that it is working is symptoms of disease. This is said to be because the toxins are being flushed out of the system. This usually manifests as a skin condition, as the skin is the biggest eliminative organ we have.
- Impregnation: After a period of time, the body becomes “impregnated” by the toxins. They become part of the connective tissue itself and cause tissue damage. Severe symptoms can occur at this stage.
- Degeneration: Organ degeneration occurs during this phase as the built up toxins destroy large cellular groups within the organs. This is most often when the public consult their naturopath. By this time however, the condition has become very deep seated. These people find it very hard to understand why it will take so long a time to treat. This long term accumulation is the reason why.
- Differentiation: At this stage, toxic cellular groups “differentiate” or distinguish themselves as distinct cell forms. Malignancies such as tumors form at the extreme end of this phase.
The role of naturopathic medicine therefore, is to resolve toxicity with alternative medicine as early as possible in these stages. A consultation will consist of finding the origins of these toxins. Natural medicine, including herbs, vitamins, minerals, Chinese medicine, homeopathic remedies and diet will be used to find the cause and therefore, the natural cure.