How to Treat Candida Infections in the Body
Do you know the signs and symptoms of a Candida overload in your body? As a naturopath, I often see clients who come to me for various ailments. On closer inspection, it is evident they are suffering from a Candida albicans imbalance in the body and that they can address this most effectively using a natural remedies approach.
Some of the signs and symptoms of a Candida imbalance include:
- Sinus problems
- Thrush – mouth or vaginal
- Mood swings
- Skin rashes and skin conditions
- Poor concentration
- Impaired memory
- Fluid retention
Allopathic medicine tends to prescribe cortisone creams for the treatment of candidiasis. But while these may suppress the symptoms of itching etc. for the short term, they do not actually rebalance or realign the body’s natural bacteria components.
Natural Health Solutions
There are however many natural health solutions you can employ and these may give you long term and longstanding results that can realign your body’s natural flora. You may want to consult a naturopath or dietician to help you make the changes you need to make. Here is an overview of some of the steps you can take:
- Address gut dysbiosis. This means that you take steps to realign the proper gut flora balance. One of the most effective ways to do this is to supplement your diet with probiotic formulas that contain acidophilus and bifidus. Acidophilus also contains hydrogen peroxide and this helps to kill off the Candida in your system. You can purchase supplements of these at your local health food store or speak with your dietician or naturopath about it.
- Exclude sugar from your diet. Sugar is one of the worst things for candidiasis and feeds it.
- Use a quality detoxification product or programme that can cleanse out your system. You may need to consider a specific Candida detox programme, so ask your naturopath or dietician or natural remedies specialist about the various options available to you.
- Steer clear of refined products and refined foods. White flour products feed Candida albicans in much the same way as sugar does. Either eradicate these from your diet or limit them to a bare minimum after you have undergone a detoxification programme.
- Also beware of an overuse of antibiotics as these destroy the natural flora balance in your body.
The National Candida Society also adds that candida “has an ability to disrupt the endocrine system causing symptoms such as weight gain or weight loss, PMS, menstrual irregularities, joint pains, asthma, hay-fever, muscle fatigue and chronic tiredness. Testing usually reveals vitamin, mineral and enzyme deficiencies and low blood sugar.”
If symptoms are extreme, ask for a full and thorough check up and make sure to request an endocrine system check. These problems can all be treated with various modalities such as homeopathy, Ayurvedic medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine and others.
Bye for now and remember to limit your sugar and refined food intake over the New Year Period.