Are YOU at risk of aluminium toxicity?
Aluminium is all around you. Just look in your house and your kitchen. Look at the aluminium you use to line a baking tray, r the light knives and forks you use to eat with everyday? And what about the saucepans and frying pans you use? Do you know what they are made of?
Even though aluminium is not a heavy metal, it still has the potential to damage you and compromise your health. And it is wise to understand its effects, its prevalence in your life and the life of your family, as well as its signs and symptoms.
Aluminium can be deposited in small amounts and large, throughout your body. If you have worked in aluminium smelting plants or factories, or if your house is filled with aluminium cookware and other products you may be at risk. Some research actually suggests that aluminium may produce symptoms similar to Alzheimer’s disease and/or may be a contributing factor in the development of Alzheimer’s.
Signs and Symptoms
Signs and symptoms of accumulations of aluminium in your body may include:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Disrupted calcium metabolisation
- Poor liver function
- Poor kidney function
- Speech and memory disturbances
- Bone softening
- Weak, aching muscles
- Impaired cognition and mental faculties
Common Products containing Aluminium
Aluminium can be found in some of the products and items listed below:
- Over the counter painkillers
- Baking powders
- Food processing products
- Deodorants and antiperspirants
- Dental fillings (amalgams)
- Cooking ware
- Municipal water supplies
- Table salt
- Antacids. (too much use of antacids can cause toxicity)
How to clean your body of Aluminium
You can minimise the impact of aluminium on your body by following some or all of the following A Natural Self suggestions. This can help with detoxification and cleansing.
- Eat apple pectin as it draws out metals from the intestines and binds with them so they can be flushed out and excreted from your body
- Eat kelp or take 2,000-3,000 mg daily
- Sprinkle lecithin on your cereal
- Garlic – 3 capsules daily
- Glutathione – check with your naturopath regarding quantities
- Use herbs such as burdock root, ginseng
- Get a quality hair analysis done by your naturopathic specialist
- Eat acid forming foods every so often as these dissolve aluminium more easily
- Drink plenty of green tea
Remember to watch you exposure to aluminium. It can compromise your mental and physical health and leave you severely compromised. For more advice visit a natural therapies practitioner in your region.
Have a nice day.